Privacy Statement of the MSANA
What information do we collect?
- We collect anonymous statistics for all visitors to our site for pages visited, search terms used, browser used and other metrics..
- We collect information from you if you create a shopping cart account or place an order on our site. You will be asked to enter your name, e-mail address, mailing address and phone number.
- We collect information from you if you enter the Mark Twain Award competition. You will be asked to enter your name, e-mail address, mailing address and phone number and Lodge information.
You can visit our site anonymously.
What do we use your information for?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- Anonymous statistics are used to improve our website (we continually strive to improve our website offerings based on the information and from feedback we receive from you).
- Shopping Account Information is used only to process transactions in our online store.
- The email address you provide for order processing will only be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order.
- Enrollment information in the Mark Twain Award will be used for the Twain Award Program only.
Your information, whether public or private, will not be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent.
How do we protect your information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order.
We offer the use of a secure server for all online shopping. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway provider's database only accessible by those authorized at the Payment provider with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) is not stored on our servers.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information
- help us remember and process the items in your shopping cart.
- compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interaction so that we can offer better site experiences and tools in the future. This use is completely anonymous.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information and statistics may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
California Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
Because we value your privacy we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent.
For accounts in the shopping part of our web:
- You may make any changes to your account information at anytime by logging into the control panel and going to the 'My Account' page.
- Note: we do not store any credit card information as part of your account.
Children's Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children's Online Privacy Protection Act), we do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
This policy was last modified on 1/18/2013
8120 Fenton Street, Suite 203
Silver Spring, MD 20910-4785
Tel: (301) 588-4010 Fax: (301) 608-3457
George O, Braatz, PGM OH, Executive Secretary.